- 1.5 qts water
- 2 lbs tomatoes
- 1 big carrot
- 1 big parsley root
- 1 onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon chopped dill
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon flour
- 2 tablespoons oil if served cold or butter if served warm
- 2 tablespoons rice
- Wash the tomatoes and set to boil with 1 pint water.
- When the tomatoes have softened, strain. Grate the carrot, parsley root and Onion and set to boil with garlic and 1 qt water, until all vegetables are tender.
- Then strain and add the tomato liquid to the vegetable liquid.
- Also add rice, salt and sugar, letting everything boil, covered, until the rice is half done.
- Dust the flour over the soup, stir it and let boil until the rice is done.
- Add chopped dill, parsley and butter.