- Prep Time: 10 minutes | Freezing Time: 40 minutes
- Servings: Makes about 1½ quarts
- 4 cups (2 pints) half-and-half or light cream
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated milk)
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- In 2-quart ice cream freezer container, combine all ingredients; mix well.
- Freeze according to manufacturer's instructions.
- Freeze leftovers.
- Omit half and half.
- In large bowl, combine condensed milk and vanilla.
- Fold in 2 cups (1 pint) whipping cream, whipped (do not use non-dairy whipped topping).
- Pour into 9x5-inch loaf pan or other 2 quart container and over.
- Freeze 6 hours or until firm.
- Freeze leftovers. Enjoy
- Peach Ice Cream: Reduce vanilla to 1 tablespoon and add 1 teaspoon almond extract, 4 drops yellow and 2 drops red food coloring. If desired add 2 cups mashed fresh or frozen peaches, thawed or 1 (16-ounce) can peaches, drained and mashed. Proceed as above.
- Strawberry Ice Cream: Reduce vanilla to 1 tablespoon. Add 2 cups mashed fresh or frozen strawberries, thawed and few drops red food coloring if desired. Proceed as above.
- Banana Ice Cream: Reduce vanilla to 1 tablespoon; add 2 cups mashed bananas (4 medium). Proceed as above.
- Chocolate Chip Ice Cream: Measure out desired amount of semi-sweet chocolate chips and use a blender to chip them down to smaller bits. (full size chocolate chips become difficult to chew when frozen) Alternately, mini chocolate chips may be used. Add chocolate during the mixing process, and proceed as above.